Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Naked Ladies



My Naked Ladies (Amaryllis belladonna) are blooming right now in my Carmichael yard, and they were also blooming (some just spiking) in Mendocino during my trip a couple weeks ago. I wanted to point out this website showing pics of a wide variety of Naked Lady hybrids. The link appeared at the end of a recent S.F. Chronicle article. My friend, Weeder, has some and I wonder if they're as tough as A. belladonna. They're pretty... and tempting to someone who doesn't just garden, but also collects. Pictured above is a variety growing in Weeder's garden. x Amarcrinum?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:07 AM

    Gorgeous hot pink blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bright pink babies are bloomin' again, yes! And contrary to "fussy, may not bloom for 3 years after being moved", there is one blooming in a pot...which it had been placed in last fall. I'm also seeing a white one in yet another pot..where the heck did that come from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps next year my bulbs will actually come up...that would be year #3!

    ReplyDelete