Saturday, August 06, 2005

Little getaway to Monterey


Went to Monterey for the weekend. Remembered why I've always gone on off-season weekdays in the past-- too many people on weekends in August!!! At the aquarium, it seemed like every time I stopped to look at an exhibit (not that I could see through all the human flesh pressed up against the glass), someone behind me with a stroller would say, "Excuse me!" in a not-so-patient voice. Aren't aquariums supposed to induce placidity? I did manage to get some video footage of the trip. It's 10MB, so dial-up users might not want to bother downloading. I love "videoing" my trips because when you're actively looking for interesting things, you tend to see the world through fresh eyes. Better than watching it all go by without noticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment