Saturday, November 26, 2005

First Frost Advisory


My fingers are numb as I type this. Our first frost advisory of the season has been issued (Thanks, Cheryl). Since our area is a little marginal for citrus, I felt the urge to cover my young orange, lemon and lime trees with Agribon row covers, which can protect down to about 6 degrees F. I also covered my succulent pots and, dang it, should get out there and cover my hot peppers, basil and tomatoes. Yes, I still have hot peppers, basil and tomatoes!

If you don't have row covers, use sheets, plastic tarps, canvas tarps... even Christmas mini lights.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not living in the northern hemisphere at the moment. Our weekend was balmy and relaxing in the sunshine. We even ate dinner with the door open last night!! Just think - it's not long now.....

    ReplyDelete