Saturday, April 22, 2006

Happy Earth Day


President Bush is in Sacramento today to help celebrate Earth Day by visiting the California Fuel Cell Partnership demonstration facility in West Sacramento.

In addition to his expected praise for alternative fuel sources (ahem), the Texas oilman (ahem, ahem) strongly feels “... the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.” So do I, Mr. President. So do I. Well, probably not salmon, trout or tuna, but definitely other species. Someday. Maybe. One can only hope. You're such an optimist, Mr. President, I'll bet you can envision a world in which, one day, cars are powered by the renewable fin power of peaceful fish. Peaceful fish that are paid a living wage and whose children attend better schools. Better schools for schools of fish! Dare we dream this American dream?

President Bush also makes the bold ecological statement that "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." Really gives you pause, doesn't it?

Happy Earth Day.
;-)

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I definitely got a good laugh out of this post.

    I'll tell ya why.

    Late last night I put up this big post on my blog about Earth day and then because I also belong to a Photo Scavenger Hunt on Saturdays, I put that below. I have over 18 commenters at the present time and not one of them mentioned anything about Earth Day. WTF is that all about? So, I went in search on blogger of Earth Day posts. Most weren't of much interest but I enjoyed yours immensely.

    So thank you very much. I hope to come back and have put you in my favorites.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:39 PM

    So Bush said, "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

    I wasn't sure what I should I send our president for his next birthday, but now I know: a dictionary. In mine he'd read: "Pollution: The introduction of harmful substances or products into the natural environment; environmental contamination with man-made waste..."

    Don't know whether to laugh or cry...

    BTW: Love your photos...a particular pleasure during the gray rainy weeks.

    SacDirtGuy

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Don't know whether to laugh or cry..."

    Do both. And don't forget to vote.

    ReplyDelete