There's a lot going on this weekend in and around Sacramento, especially for the garden-minded:
- Apple Hill: Ongoing Events through March
- Saturday, October 6: 33rd Annual UC Davis Arboretum Plant Sale
- Saturday, October 6: Bob Hamm's AIDS benefit plant sale at the Gifted Gardener (18th and J streets, 10 a.m.-3 p.m, 916-923-3745).
- Saturday, October 6: Loomis Eggplant Festival
- Oct. 6-7: Hoes Down Harvest, Full Belly Farm
- Oct. 6-7: Amador Flower Farm's annual Fall Festival; 9 a.m.-4 p.m. both days; 22001, Shenandoah School Road, Plymouth. Free. (209) 245-6660. (from SacBee.com)
- Oct. 6-7: Giant Pumpkin and Harvest Festival, with a psychedelic salute to the '60s combining pumpkin pop art, '60s music and a retro scarecrow contest; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. both days; Elk Grove Regional Park, 9950 Elk Grove-Florin Road, Elk Grove. Free; park admission $5. (916) 405-5600. (from SacBee.com)
- Oct. 6-7: Fall Plant Sale; 10 a.m.-4 p.m. both days; Garden and Arts Center, 3330 McKinley Blvd. (916) 722-7442. (from SacBee.com)
- Oct. 7: Rio Americano High School's annual Fall Garden Tour, featuring six gardens, 11 a.m.- 4 p.m., in the Sierra Oaks and Sierra Oaks Vista areas. $25 in advance, $30 at the door. (916) 508-9806, (916) 283-4057. (from SacBee.com)
- Oct. 6 & 7: Annie's Annuals Fabulous Fall Planting Party, 10am-5pm, Richmond, CA
- Oct. 6 & 7: Cohn-Stone Studios Glass Pumpkin Garden & Sale, Richmond, CA
By the way, all plants are 25% off at Annie's this weekend and there will be refreshments, live music and scheduled events.