Saturday, January 26, 2008

Garden? What garden?



Rain, more rain in the forecast

By M.S. Enkoji - menkoji@sacbee.com
Published 12:00 am PST Saturday, January 26, 2008
Story appeared in METRO section, Page B2

Hold on to your hats for the weekend and forget about working in the yard.

Rain, followed by more rain, buffeted by unusually high winds will mar the weekend, followed by another seven days of rain – interrupted by showers.

"Stay home, rent a video," said Felix Garcia, forecaster for the National Weather Service. (Read More)

6 comments:

  1. This last storm was weird. Usually we get more rain here in the foothills than everywhere else. Yesterday while it was flooding in the west side of the valley we had NO rain all Friday. Today, Saturday is sunny here! Suppose to come down good tonight and Sunday though.

    My advice, head to the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did rain here in Davis pretty much all day Friday, but today, Saturday, has been perfect for a bit of pruning and staking a few things that were knocked about in the wind on the 4th. Guess I'd better not plan on any yard work tomorrow though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain (and snow better yet) is good. I was a little worried about the "D" word in the fall, but so far were looking close to normal.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. We now have your rain storm here in Arizona. It's been raining now for over 10 hours, nice and steady. This will be good for wildflowers and weeds!
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Leslie in Davis, I was able to get some gardening in on Saturday. My enthusiasm as a first-time winter vegetable gardener may make me unrealistically optimistic but I figured it was worth a try...will results be due to beginner's luck or will it be third time's a charm when I have to start over in March? I've got my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saturday ended up being a gorgeous day, and a gift if you ask me. But now it looks like we're in for another week of rain. A double edged sword for sure!

    Thanks for the Blotanical visit. It's always fun to find locals in the garden blogosphere!

    Katie at GardenPunks

    ReplyDelete